1. Russia had previously declared Bitcoin illegal. It has just recently softened its stance, and, judging from the prevalence of Russian language tweets in our Bitcoin data sets, the Russians are now all over the cryptocurrency. Based on volume alone, they are now dominating #bitcoin social media conversations.
2. new cryptocurrencies are continuing to emerge; latest example is Latium – claiming to be the fist and only cryptocurrency network (no mining required).
3. Dogecoin is dead. Wow, really.
4. Snoop Dogg‘s comment about Bitcoin remains the highest retweeted comment
5. Canada hasn’t warmed up to Bitcoin yet – very few Canadian tweets on the subject.
More to come.
Microsoft recently published an article called “Data driven insights – bringing Big Data to 1 billion people” on its official blog. It provides a good description of iTrend’s Twitter analytics platform.
Susan Hauser, Corporate Vice President, Enterprise and Partner Group at Microsoft, wrote:
The potential of Big Data is almost limitless, but we don’t have to imagine what is possible. Real examples of how Big Data is changing business exist today. A great example is the work that data services company iTrend is doing to track and analyze unstructured data generated by social media. Built on the Windows Azure platform, the iTrend platform provides dynamic reporting tools accessed through a portal that can track campaigns, brands and individual products. Once you have specified what to monitor, the tool automatically tracks, analyzes and summarizes potentially millions of conversations from multiple sources in the form of a customizable dashboard view of the data. This sort of real-time, quantifiable information is producing more relevant programs, products and experiences for customers while enabling businesses to gain greater returns on their investments.
Glad you liked our approach, and thanks for mentioning us!